Friday, October 20, 2023

I QUIT

 20/10/23

Today is the day I officially turn in my resignation. 

This is a significant milestone because this is my first time resigning from a job. After being let go due to business closure in my first job, I told myself I would resign from my next job myself to prevent feeling like a wreck. 

Who would have thought that 2021 and 2022 will suck half my life away? I have never felt more shitty in my 2.5 years stint there. My mental health took a turn for the worse. While I am glad for the camaraderie and work-friendships made along the way, I wish it happened in happier circumstances. 

I feel proud of myself for once. I felt the exhilaration, the clarity for once. I hope I will never forget this feeling for a very long time. 

Regardless of what happens in the future, I hope I will look back at how far I come. And I will find the courage and strength to stand up for my rights and values. 

No comments: